Experience comfortable award winning farmhouse bed and breakfast near Modbury in the Dartmoor and South Hams area, Devon – countryside tranquility, exclusively for adults.
Hillhead Farm is a very special B&B set in its own 400 acre working farm. It's tucked away in the peaceful South Hams countryside and yet only around 5 minutes drive from the A38, just over 3 miles from Ivybridge and 5 miles from Modbury. The Dartmoor bed and breakfast has only four guest bedrooms with either ensuite or private facilities providing a comfortable and informal setting on a traditional working farm. We, David and Jane Johns, have lived on this Devon farm for over 40 years and we enjoy sharing our home with visitors, many of whom have become friends over the years.
You'll feel a buzz of happy energy when you arrive. Everyone has time to say hello and welcome you to this award winning, 4 star Devon bed and breakfast.
- A choice of four comfortable rooms with either ensuite or private facilities
- Double or twin rooms available
- Broadband Internet access
- River walks, woodlands and trails for you to enjoy
- Delicious farmhouse breakfasts with local produce
- 4 Star, Silver Award accommodation, with Visit England Breakfast Award
- Woodburning stove in guests' sitting room
- Peace and tranquility
- Recently installed Biomass (woodchip) boiler keeps the house lovely and cosy, with lashings of hot water for baths and showers
- Close to Modbury, Ivybridge and Dartmoor
The village of Ugborough lies just south of the most southerly tip of Dartmoor and is close to Modbury. The farm sits above the village, with undulating views in all directions of the green and pleasant, rolling South Devon countryside. There's lots of space, both inside and out and you're welcome to explore the walled kitchen garden where Jane grows much of the produce served for breakfast.
We look forward to your visit.